Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Happy Mother's Day Note To The Mothers In My Life!

I know that I have a Heavenly Father and Mother. I am so grateful for my treasured Heavenly Mother. I am sure as spirit brothers and sisters we were taught and nurtured by our Heavenly Parents. I am sure we spent eons of time in the presence of our divine Heavenly Mother. I like to imagine what she must have been like. I know that she is perfect and has everlasting love for each and everyone of us. I feel assured that our Heavenly Mother taught us how to be divine daughters of our Heavenly Father.
As women, I feel that we came down here with many qualities that our Heavenly Mother has. We have spiritual DNA from her.We are natural nurturers. Whatever role you play as a mother you are blessed with this one trait and many others.  Each and every one of us can be  a mother in some way. Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful daughters of our magnificent Heavenly Parents. 

Here are a few thoughts on my own precious Mother, Leone~ 
 My  Mother at age 19 just before she was married ~ 
 My lovely Mother and Me~

My Mother in her latter years~
I thought for Mother's Day that I might tell you a little more about my endearing earthly Mother. My sweet Mom passed away at the age of 90 in 2006. I miss her more than mere words can express. I still  wish I could go to the phone and call her. I think about her often; I would say daily. She was always there for me and taught me many good things. She was a marvelous example of true womanhood. Sometimes, I think I didn't fully appreciate all of the special qualities she had until she passed through the veil.  I still cry at the smallest of remembrances. 
My Mom had three children. My oldest brother Mac, who also passed away in 2010. My next brother John who passed away in 2014. We were raised by parents who showed their love in so many ways. I know that my parents taught me, listened to me and helped me in every aspect of my life. 
As a young child I loved dolls and had many through they years. I nurtured those dolls just like my Mother showed me. When I had my own children, it was natural to love them with all my heart and soul. I feel so blessed to have the wonderful children that I do.
My Mom loved the outdoors and we spent a lot of time as a family fishing and hunting. My Mom could fish and hunt with the best of them. In fact, she was known for always catching the most fish. 
She loved to ride horses with my Dad and I always loved horses too.
My Mom was a great cook. She loved to bake cookies, cakes, bread and rolls. Even now there are several comfort foods that I continue to love; especially when I need some comfort. 
My Mom was a hard worker. She was a stay at home Mom when I was little but then later had to work. She was dedicated to every job she had. She even worked up until she was 86 years old in a gift shop.  
My Dad and her owned a cafe in Richfield, Utah called Chesty's Shack. It had the best Cheeseburgers, fries and shakes that I have ever had. They loved working together in this Cafe and I spent many hours with them. I was often busy peeling the potatoes for the french fries in the back room.
 They later worked for my brother, John at Big Rock Candy Mountain in a cafe there. Again their homemade cooking helped to bring more patrons in. 
Being the youngest and only girl in the family; I can say that I was spoiled by my parents.
Being a normal teenage, I had several squabbles with my dear Mother. She was extremely patient with me and I wasn't grounded very often. 
I could always go to her with any questions that I had and she would tell me or help me find the answers. 
Thanks Mom for the many hours you spent sewing me dresses and clothes through the years. Your dresses were much better than anything store bought. I know you sewed into the wee hours of the night to make a dress for every special occasion. Most of all I loved my beautiful wedding dress and the lace dress I wore on my wedding day. I love you for this.
Thanks for every time I went to girl’s camp and then came home, I would find my bedroom furniture repainted or my room painted again.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the many times I came to you with struggles and you listened to my heart.
Thanks Mom and Dad for loving to dance together and sing together; it helped me love music and dancing. As I witnessed the love you had for each other; it helped me love you both even more. You were both examples of what an eternal relationship truly is. I remember so well the last dance you had with Dad at the care center and then he danced with me, that’s a forever memory.
Thanks Mom for coming to take care of me whenever I had a new baby. You helped far beyond any thanks I could ever give. You certainly helped me with being a Mother. You were such a wonderful mentor. 
Thanks for loving my husband Roger when we first started dating. As our romance blossomed she continued to support us in that relationship. In fact, she defended him whenever I was having a struggle with something he did. She would simply point out he was right. She truly loved him as a son and he loved her as a Mom. 
Thanks Mom for the many times I heard the record playing of the Book of Mormon and I love it too.Thanks for your testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which strengthen mine.
Thanks Mom and Dad for loving the temple, because Roger and I love it too.
Thanks Mom and Dad for serving a mission and being a great example to us as missionaries. 
Both my parents were great examples of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ and enduring to the end.

Thanks for enduring through a lot of difficulties in life teaching me that I can endure too. 
I pray that my dearest Mom knows how much I love and miss her.  I hope they celebrate Mother's Day beyond the veil and that she can peak down and see me once in a while and realize all the things I am thankful to her for. 
Mom, thanks for having me and giving me a chance to live on this beautiful earth filled with endless opportunities.
Happy Mother's Day to my forever, Mom. 
My dearest Mother In Law, Nyal~
I can't leave out my dear husband's sweet Mom. I loved her also with all my heart. She was such an example of kindness, love, devotion, perseverance, and a very strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I loved her and I know and felt that she loved me. She had 9 children and was such a patient and kind Mother. She was a great example to me and I learn so much from her. She was one of the kindest souls I have ever known. She would do anything for any body and she did.  I love you my angel  Mother In Law, Nyal and I miss you too. 

All my Daughters, Daughter in laws, and Granddaughter in Laws~

Happy Mother's Day to my precious daughters, daughter in laws and granddaughter in laws. I love you so much. Thanks for being really sweet Moms. I love watching you be mothers; you are awesome! 
You are raising your children in a difficult era. I admire how you handle the different situations that come your way. Motherhood is a sacred responsibility and you do it so well. I think I have the best of Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. I can see that you have those divine nurturing qualities that our Heavenly Mother has. 


Happy Mother's Day to all the kind and loving woman out there that I have associated with through the years. I know that you all nurture the children that surround you. You are mothers in every way. Have a really lovely day!


5 comments:

Marsha said...

What a special tribute to all the mother's in your life.

Christy Monson said...

Happy Mother's Day to everyone in your family. Bless them for all they do. Lots of love and hugs, Christy

Galen Pearl said...

What a great post. You look a lot like your mom! And I loved the grid of all the daughters/inlaws/granddaughters.

Debbie said...

wonderful - beautiful woman...you look so much like your mom!!!

Marie Rayner said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to your lovely mom LeAnn, and also your dear MIL and your sweet daughters and daughters-in-law. You are and have been truly blessed. Love you to bits! oxox